The final program of the 6th edition of the
International Conference on Language, Culture and Mind,
entitled „Inside/Out: Practice and Representation„
has been just announced.
We encourage researchers as well as students to take advantage of the unique opportunity and attend the conference.
five keynote speakers (lectures open for public):
- Nancy Budwig (Clark University, Psychology)
- Henryk Kardela (Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Linguistics)
- Alan Rumsey (Australian National University, School of Culture, History & Language)
- Farzad Sharifian (Monash University, Language and Society Centre)
- Beata Stawarska (University of Oregon, Philosophy)
Three symposia (to participate please contact the organizers):
- The conceptualization of emotions. Synchronic and diachronic cultural variation (Tuesday, 7 papers, convener: Ad Foolen)
- Cognitive and Cross-linguistic Aspects of Literature (Wednesday, 3 papers, convener: Esther Pascual)
- Abstract hierarchical models in linguistics and their relevance for cognition and behaviour (Thursday, 3 papers, convener: Jamie Williams)
And 52 individual papers (to attend please contact the organizers).
The main conference will be preceded by a satellite event, Young Researchers Workshop, where graduate students and junior scholars will present their research.
We expect over 80 researchers representing universities and research centres in 26 countries.
The detailed schedule is available here: http://lcm6.umcs.lublin.pl/program/
Piotr Konderak, kondorp[at]bacon.umcs.lublin.pl
Local Organizing Committee, lcm[at]bacon.umcs.lublin.pl